7/24/12

The drawing that started it all!

This is the first Lunar Monkey drawing. I happened to draw it while listening to Space Oddity by David Bowie a little more than a year back. The idea of Lunar Monkeys is a bit older than that of course, but this is what kick started the making of the comic. It's not very well made, yet it's one of my favourite drawings.

This also brings me to speak of how the Lunar Monkeys-idea was born. I started drawing this comic around the same time as The Planet of the Apes reboot was released. This made alot of people assume I have that as my source of inspiration. Which could be true, since I am a fan of The Planet of the Apes and even went to the premiere of the new movie. However, that series has only little (if any) inflence on this comic believe it or not. Hit-Monkey, Starfox, Mass Effect and my friends are what's really behind this.

No comments:

Post a Comment